Wednesday, April 20, 2022

exploring the arcade in the Yaffle - Reconnect music video

My daughter wanted to see some of the Pokemon 25 music videos and hey it has some candystore games!

To borrow my favourite Pokemon catch phrase, "Let's enter this building!"


We have 3 machines of note along the outside.  First is a kid's train ride machine, a type we have seen in the 1973 film 愛欲の罠. (go there for more pictures of it -- chances are it has been reproduced many times over the years because TRAINS ARE COOL)

1985 スーパー テニス (Super Tennis) by ミツフジ (Mitsufuji)

Let's skip the last one for now and go right inside to the hippest little candy shop



1996 カーレース (car race) by グッド・メガ (Good Mega)

This game is a reproduction of the classic 1978 インターチェン (interchange) by 名豊商事 (Meitoyo Shoji)





1998 キャッチボール (catch ball)

This is a reproduction of the 1976 game "Base Ball"



Squirtle breakdances while ignoring our precious games!!  Scandalous!






I've only ever seen the the machine by Snorlax here in red, but this video has a lot of digital effects and so it might just be colour-corrected here, repainted, or even a different version I've never seen.   It's a very cool game though.  I wish I could find one.



パイパイ45 or トリプルチャンス (Pai Pai 45 or Triple Chance) by unknown
(I have seen this machine with both names.  I am not sure which is correct.) 



OK so we're back outside and about to get messed up by this dragon lady, but we get one last chance to check out the final game...



I am currently unable to identify that last machine on the right.

It looks to be the same manufacturer as this, but I do not think it is Hunting.
1980 Hunting - ハンティング
If you look closely it looks like the playfield image is the same as キャッチボール above but put onto the Hunting cabinet.  (The handles got wiped out by their Photoshop.). Hunting has pretty racist imagery so I can't fault them for covering it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment