Friday, April 19, 2013

uh oh

Good news! I got myself a switch adjustment tool, and some Flexstone files!
Bad news:  BUZZZZZZZZZ.

That is the sound the motor makes as it has stopped spinning since I've obviously done something bad to the AX relay.  I have heard this sound before.  Once I turned the machine on with the AX relay in on position, and it just sat like this.
But now here I am with the AX in my hand, all sketchy contacts looking amazing and the gapping looking great, and NOW it does this to me? 

My mind races:  Did I touch anything else?  Nope, I don't think so...  but the switch, it looks great!  Ahhh I guess this is what all that talk of "you just have to be experienced to adjust them" meant.  Ah phooey.

So now I want to adjust the AX to get back to motor movement, let alone getting back in to debugging the reset cycle.

FAIL.  I'm sleepy, I'll look at it more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment