Friday, June 15, 2018

updates

oh crap, I hadn't update this since November 2016?  Shit, whatever could have happened then to take the wind out of one's sails?
Expect a bit of a forthcoming flood here as I try and get things up to date, and review a few technical aspects as well.  I keep getting feedback from people as to how helpful a lot of my trouble-shooting on Surf Champ was for them, so I really want to dive back into debugging EM logic.

Hollywood Heat was a bust.  We had to send it to a local electrical genius who found multiple points of simultaneously collapse across a few of the boards.  Board work, beyond changing a resistor or transistor, just isn't something I can do.

Triple Strike came down and is still in project mode.
Kick Off left.
Rollergames left and was playing wonderfully.
Stars left and is now in a good friend's home.
I picked up 2 grail games that should stay with me for a while:  No Good Gofers and Mousin' Around.  I sold my games that were off at friend's houses, and now these are the only 2 I actually own.
I had two main motivations:  I wanted to stop bringing games up and down my wretched stair case every few months, and so got games I really wanted, instead of just taking what popped up next.
I also wanted to find titles that would appeal to my young daughter and all of her friends on the block.
Jurassic Park left to a friend's house.
I bought Mousin' Around and No Good Gofers.
A Sure Shot project arrived and I've made excellent progress on it.
I got a late 70s Heiwa pachinko machine.
I got a 1932 bagatelle named Goofy.

And last year we also had a basement flood and everything in the basement was derailed for like 6+ months.  Minimal STUFF damaged, but flooring and walls needed to be redone.

But now I'm back on my bullshit, rekindling my old loves, and finding new ones by actively searching for a Japanese Smart Ball machine. (help a gal out???)
I am also actively looking for a payazzo / pajatso machine from Finland/Germany.
AS WELL as another mid 1930s prewar pinball machine.
I would be ever so grateful for any leads you might have, and I am willing to ship.  ESPECIALLY for working Smart Ball or payazzo / pajatso machines.

My arcade art collecting has really tapered off as I am hitting maximum saturation.  I have acquired a number of cool and rare marquees for putting up on the wall.  I plan on mounting my pachinko first, and once that is done I will redo the marquee layouts and put all the new ones up.
I scored a CPR repro of the PINBOT backglass (not translite,) as well as a Centigrade 37 backglass.
There are still a few backglasses I want to find, particularly Fire Queen and Fairy, but they would be replacing other choices on the wall as space is indeed limited.

Pinball Women Ottawa broke 100 members on facebook, and our sister groups Pinball Vixens Toronto and Montreal's Ball Bustin' Bitches are both going strong.

I am delighted by the renaissance of original pinball themes, with America's Most Haunted by Spooky, Full Throttle by Heighway, Dialed In by Jersey Jack, and Total Nuclear Annihilation (made independently, now manufactured by Spooky) all being lovely machines.

So stay tuned, I have lots to show and tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment