Wednesday, January 6, 2021

introducing... a 1948 Mills High-top slot machine

New arrival!   a Mills high-top slot machine from around 1940



If you appreciate purely mechanical devices, you absolutely need to get a mechanical slot machine.  What a wonderous piece of engineering.

I only wanted one American slot machine in my collection.  I did my research and found the Mills art-deco style of that era to be 100% what I was looking for.  

But then these come in a variety of paint jobs, and this was my #1 choice of colours.  I'm so happy to get it.

Gambling machines have minimal utility for a "game room", but this is simultaneously a display piece, a functional coinop machine, and an incredible show-piece of engineering.  It's super easy to open them up and show off the internals.


It is so lovely it gets the prestige distinction of being the only machine to live outside the game room.






the only damage from shipping was broken elevator glass


No comments:

Post a Comment