Monday, August 15, 2022

my want list

This has come up a few times recently so I've decided to publicly share my "want list".  I am going to specify the geographic region for each, since most people tend to know machines from one geographic area above all others.


Most Wanted:  These are machines that are my top priority.  I am willing to pay for international shipping to make any of these happen.

Japan - 1977 Vanishing Point - バニシングポイント by 豊栄産業 (Hoei Sangyo) or 1978 世界一周ゲーム (Round The World game) by 柿崎計器 有限会社 (Kakizaki Keiki) or Space Trip by unknown or 1978 Super Cars - スーパーカー by 柿崎計器 (Kakizaki Keiki) 

These are essentially the same game except with different graphics.  Round The  World has at least 2 variant graphics.  There is also a game from 1984 called Mr. ジャンプくん (Mr. Jump-kun) by ケーアンドユー商会 (K&U Company) but it is a full upright, and I'd only want to ship the top half.

1977 Vanishing Point - バニシングポイント by 豊栄産業 (Hoei Sangyo)

1978 世界一周ゲーム (Round The World game)

Space Trip by unknown

1978 Super Cars - スーパーカー by 柿崎計器 (Kakizaki Keiki)



North America - 1932 English by Mills  (a failed prototype, there are at least 2 known surviving copies and I know where 1 is.  It was a bit of a dud but I want it because it shows a Rolling Ball influence.


North America - 1932 The Maple Leaf by Automatic Industries (I want to document more on one of the few Canadian manufacturers!)


Japan - 1950s Smart Ball or Lucky Ball table (I have one of these, but I want one in Very Good condition)


Japan - any Japanese machines from before World War 2.  as an example... 

plus, pachinko machines from the 30s to 40s:
I am interested in any old pachinko machines that look like just a grid of nails:

any pachinko machine that outputs a coin or token instead of balls


Miscellaneous:

  • Research materials on Japanese games - this is all on a separate page.  Catalogs, flyers, and other ephemera from Japan circa 1975 and before are desperately needed.
  • Mills Novelty circular 125 G circa 1906, or any Mills documentation of their "Japanese Booth" or "Japanese Rolling Ball" setup.
  • arcade marquees wanted:
    • Strider (Capcom)
    • Dark Planet (Stern)
    • Ninja (Sega, 1985)
    • Roller Aces (Williams)
    • Super Spacefortress Macross (Fabtek)
    • Time Gal (Taito, 1985)
    • Electronic Fantasy (Taito)
    • Quiz Dragon (Capcom)
    • plus a few more, message me for a full list
  • pinball backglasses wanted:
    • Women's-Lib (Sega)
    • Fairy (Playmatic)
    • Star-Jet (1963, Bally)
    • Flip A Card / Card Trix (1970, Gottlieb)
    • Star Trek (1971, Gottlieb)


    Casual wants:  Machines that I would like, but am not hunting for aggressively.  Perhaps I currently don't have the space for them, but could find ways to make them fit...  None of these are crazy expensive, either.

    North America - 1968 Steeplechase by Irving Kaye


    North America - 1900s-1930s Beehive by H.C. Evans (not coinop, it's a scam carnival gambling game)

    North America - 1900s-1930s Drop Case by H.C. Evans (there are 2 major types, the single ball drop case and the 3-ball one where you tip the cups.  I'm interested in both.  These are not coinop, they are crooked carnival games / scams)

    North America - 1947 Heavy Hitter by Bally - most of these come with bases/stands, but those were actually optional.  I do not need the base, and I know there are a bunch of copies that have lost their base and I'll probably grab one of those some day if I find one for a good price.  Lower priority right now.



    France - 1800s-1930 Toupie Hollandaise - I specifically want one of these "toy sized" ones, the kind that sits on a table.  I do not want a modern one, I'd love to find a Jost & Cie one from before WW1 but definitely before WW2.

    North America - 1901 Little Manhattan or Log Cabin by Caille



    North America - 1959 Dodge City by JF Frantz
     
    North America - 1948 10th Inning by United
    https://www.ipdb.org/images/3788/image-8.jpg

    Dream wants:  Machines where I don't know if I'd ever have the money for, but you never know...

    North America - 1935 Par Golf by GM Laboratories


    Europe - full-sized pajatso with adjustable holes

    North America - new Stern pinballs!  One day...  There are 2 different Pro model machines I have my eyes on... and a boutique one

    2021 Godzilla Pro by Stern
    2018 Deadpool Pro by Stern
    2023 Labyrinth by Barrels of Fun



    Europe - 1952 Elektromat by Wulff - there are 3 different models, just with different graphics.  I do not care which one: Football, Ice Hockey, Revue

    Europe - 1960s The Hat Trick by Ruffler & Walker



    Dream wants, if I had a new house and unlimited funds:

    Europe - Bar billiards



    North America - 1935 Lite-A-Line by Pacific Amusement Manufacturing Company


    North America - 1937 World Series by Rock-ola 


    North America - 1970s Continental Bingo by Bally


    North America - 1965 Ski-Fun  by Midway - I'll have room for a skeeball some day??



    North America - 1936 Dice by Mills Novelty


    North America -  1962 Silver Sails by Bally - hey if I'm imaging a fictitious game room, I'm of course going to have some bingos in there, so why not include one of the most popular, and with the payout unit attached at that?  Silver Sails and Golden Gate are generally the most desirable titles.

    North America - 1948 Rocket Shuffle by Chicago Coin

    Japan - electromechanical mahjong table - I would totally learn to play mahjong if I had the space for one of these beauties.


    North America - 1947 Sportsman Roll by Square Amusement Company - There isn't a single roll-up game that has my heart, but if we're talking dream collection, then I definitely want to get one of them.  There were a few briefly made post-WW2 before they faded away.


    Europe - a full-sized pin bagatelle / "French bagatelle" table:

    North America - 1953 Silver Chest by Genco

    Japan - 1974 Golf Master - ゴルフマスター by 関西精機 (Kansai Seiki — Kasco)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment