As you might remember from previous posts, the metal kicker bit was totally mangled. Here it is removed, compared against a shiny new one from Marco Spec
|guess which one's the new one. I dares ya.|
|getting it off only required removing the spring and taking off an E-clip. The coil's metal part had a joint allowing easy detachment.|
|oh wait, that doesn't quite fit right...|
Inserting screws in to the playfield seems to be there main troubleshooting technique! FUN! (remember, we had one up in the pop bumpers where on non-modded machines just a single skinny adjust post was. That was probably an area where the ball often got stuck after they committed to a design, and so inserted it just to help game play. I have none there, but a ball stuck there just instigates ball search, and the ball is guaranteed to enter the mystery hole, so no big deal)
|Here it is with the screw removed, the coil attached, the spring affixed, and the E-ring secured.|
Back to the todo list:
1) replacing the SAVED decals.
2) wire Lion to 32 V instead of 50 V
5) try troubleshooting audio connections to eliminate hum, perhaps a ground missing?
7) find a replacement WABAC ramp.
10) repair first left orbit switch so that the diverter can work and the back glass animation can be awesome once more.
11) level the legs
13) have that power/ground connector rebuilt!
14) replace beer seal